Tuesday, March 12, 2019

It's all about the service

What ever happened to good old-fashioned customer service? Shopping should be fun. I want the establishment where I shop at to appreciate me and treat me with respect. I want to shop in a clean and orderly environment with friendly sales associates. Is that too much to ask?

Well I did a little mystery shopping the other day and just had to share this story with you. I was in one of our local chain stores and when I went to try some things on in the fitting room, I immediately noticed how dirty it was. It was a complete turn-off and I decided not to try on any pants since I was worried about my bare feet touching the floor. I also noticed sizes were all mixed up and I didn't have the spare time to dig through racks.

The third thing I noticed, was when I went to use the restroom, the toilets, sink, and floor were so filthy that I had decided my bladder would just have to wait. I did end up purchasing one small item and politely mentioned to the cashier/manager that the bathrooms and fitting rooms were in need of cleaning. Did she apologize? Did she say she would look into it? No. She grumpily replied that she had already been in there twice this morning and had enough. 


I walked out feeling like they really didn't care about me as a customer. And it made me even more determined to continue to provide quality customer service in a clean and orderly environment that is a pleasure to shop at.

Shopping should be fun and we all deserve the warm fuzzies that a day of retail therapy can provide. As the owner of The Fashion Safari, it is my duty to do just that. And If there is ever anything that I can do to make your shopping experience more pleasurable then please don't hesitate to let me know. I sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon!

Rose Shapiro/Owner Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment