Monday, January 20, 2020

I finally did it...

As the owner of a consignment shop, and someone who inspects hundreds of garments on an almost daily basis, the last thing I want to do when I come home from work (or on my day off) is to clean my closet. But the start of a new year, and the lack of closet space, finally inspired me to tackle the dreaded project once and for all. And I seriously have to say that I feel like such a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I absolutely love my emptier more-organized closet.

I'm not going to lie and tell you that it was easy for me because it wasn't. I spent the majority of the day working nonstop on my closet. It was exhausting but well worth the time spent. My new closet is now filled with garments that I truly love and that actually fit me "right now". Here's how I did it:

I began by pulling out everything in my closet, trying it on, and then asking myself the following questions:
  • Do I really like it?
  • Does it truly look good on me?
  • Does it fit me really well (right now)?
  • Do I feel comfortable wearing it?
If the answer was "no" to any of those questions, then I immediately took the items and divided them into three piles that I labeled: 
  • donate 
  • consign 
  • cut up for dust rags anything that was too worn, stained, or pilled
At the end of my journey, I honestly have to say that I felt so proud of myself for finally tackling that dreaded chore and for taking action towards starting the new year off in a positive direction. I hope this message inspires you to do the same!

Sincerely,
Rose Shapiro/Owner
The Fashion Safari